Southwest Tech Cafeteria Still Closed After Dryer Fire

FENNIMORE, WI (Ben Caxton) — A Friday dryer fire is still leaving students scrambling to eat at Southwest Technical College in Fennimore. The early Friday morning incident in a utility and loading dock facility adjacent to the cafeteria caused “significant” smoke damage and the college has been unable to provide cafeteria service since. College President Jason Wood says he is unsure how long it might be before the kitchen and cafeteria are operating again. Fennimore fire officials blamed the 7:15 AM fire on faulty wiring inside the dryer. Meanwhile the college hopes to offer limited food service this week using the kitchen operated by college’s culinary program as an alternative.

Be the first to comment on "Southwest Tech Cafeteria Still Closed After Dryer Fire"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*